The Stanozolol steroid is considered among the old school steroids in the muscle-building and athletic community, as it first burst into the anabolic steroid scene way back in the 1950s. Yet even though it’s not the product of the latest technological marvels, it’s still one of the most famous anabolic steroids today and of all time.
In fact, its fame (and notoriety) spreads far beyond the gym rat community. That’s because so many athletes have been caught using the steroid, and the shenanigans of these athletes have resulted in worldwide attention.
The most notable case was that of Ben Johnson, who was stripped of his Olympic medal when doping tests caught him out in 1988. Just a few years ago, several baseball players in the MLB were also caught and suspended for using Stanozolol.
Stanozolol is a banned steroid, as you may have already gathered. So why do athletes persist in using them, even with the risk to their reputation and livelihood? There are reasons for this, though whether they’re good enough reasons is up for debate.
Benefits of Stanozolol
The reason for the enduring popularity of the Stanozolol steroid is quite evident when you take a good long look at its list of benefits. It offers certain advantages that many athletes find hard to resist.
- SHBG reduction. When your Sex-Hormone-Binding-Globulin levels are high, you end up with a lower amount of free testosterone which you could have used for muscle-building instead. But Stanozolol is reduces the SHBG levels by an astounding 50%, and very few other anabolic steroids can beat that. This means you get more free testosterone to use for your workouts. As a bonus, the lower SHBG level also enables the other steroids you use in your stack to work more effectively.
- Nitrogen retention. Muscle tissues require a certain level of nitrogen so that you can enter a muscle-building (anabolic) state. Stanozolol helps with that, so that you don’t get into a muscle-wasting (catabolic) environment instead.
- Greater protein synthesis. When you’re building up muscle, you ought to know by now that you need more protein in your diet. That’s why you probably drink protein supplements as well. But your muscles aren’t always efficient in using up as much of the protein as they should. With Stanozolol, you can increase the rate of protein use for your muscle, so that you can end up with bigger muscles.
- Increased red blood cells levels. You need red blood cells to carry the crucial oxygen through your blood into all your tissues, organs, and muscles. So now you have more oxygen to work with, and you can end up with greater muscular endurance so you’re less likely to suffer from muscle fatigue so early in your workout.
- Glucocorticoid inhibition. Glucocorticoids are stress hormones, and sometimes they’re also called muscle-wasting hormones. Cortisol is one of them, and these hormones basically lead to muscle loss and fat gain. But Stanozolol will keep your Glucocorticoid levels down to a more reasonable amount, so you can enjoy a greater chance of fat loss and muscle gain.
- Power and speed. Stanozolol isn't really a bulking agent, so you don’t really get overly bigger and heavier with it. But it does boost your strength without really boosting your weight, and for many athletes that’s a fantastic advantage. You gain power without sacrificing speed, and stronger legs may even lead to better speeds.
- Improved bone and tendon strength. Some doctors may prescribe Stanozolol for osteoporosis, and many have figured out that it’s because this steroid can help boost the strength of your bones, as well as your tendons.
- It works for a cutting cycle. If you’re already lean, this steroid can give your muscles better definition, without countering your efforts to lose the fat you’ve gained during the bulking phase. It also helps prevent the muscle loss that sometimes happens when you’re in the cutting cycle.
- No estrogenic effects. This doesn’t aromatize at all, which means the testosterone it provides doesn’t get turned onto estrogen. So estrogenic side effects are put of the picture, and these include water retention and gynecomastia (man boobs).
- Greater bioavailability. You don’t waste much of the dosage, and instead you can get full use of the stuff.
So let’s boil it down to a crucial benefit. With this you can gain and retain muscle, but you don’t really gain weight (or at least fat). This makes you a fit specimen especially suited for sports where strength, speed, and agility are crucial for winning.
Your bones get stronger, and you don’t have to worry about getting bigger boobs. So taken together, it’s no wonder it remains so popular among the gym rats.
Side Effects of Stanozolol
Of course, it’s not really fair if you don’t take at least a cursory glance at the possible Stanozolol side effects.
It’s true that lots of other anabolic steroids come with more serious side effects. But it’s also true that there are steroids that aren’t quite as dangerous. Make no mistake about it—this is unsafe enough to warrant a ban.
Here are some of the problems you may encounter when you take Stanozolol. This is by no means a complete list, but it should give you an idea of why it’s been banned by the World Doping Agency.
1. The most notable side effects you have to watch out for with Stanozolol are cardiovascular. It’s notorious for reducing your levels of good HDL cholesterol, while at the same time it boosts the levels of bad LDL cholesterol. This is true whether or not you take it orally or as an injectable.
This is why you need a cholesterol antioxidant supplement to go with a diet filled with omega fatty acids and low on saturated fats and sugars. You also need to make sure that you do cardiovascular exercises regularly.
2. This is also quite toxic to the liver, and that’s an unfortunate trait common to all steroids. This is also true even when you use the injectable version. While it’s not as hepatotoxic as Methandrostenolone, its effects on the liver are much worse than what you get from Oxandrolone.
Because of this side effect, you also need to take a liver detoxifying supplement, you have to avoid alcohol consumption and taking other medications, and you can’t use it if you already have liver issues. The Stanozolol cycles should last no longer than 8 weeks, as you need to give your liver a rest.
3. Like most of the other anabolic steroids, this also suppresses your body’s natural ability to produce testosterone. So that means it is imperative that you make up for that loss with testosterone shots, or else you’ll suffer the consequences of low testosterone. You won’t be able to work out properly with such low T levels.
4. It may not cause estrogenic side effects, but androgenic issues can certainly come up. It does depend greatly on your genetic predisposition.
It’s notorious for causing hair loss, but then that’s only in men who are already predisposed to male pattern baldness. The steroid will just make you go bald faster. Acne can also occur, and it can appear on your chest, shoulders, and back.
5. Women can use Stanozolol too, but then there’s also the risk of virilization. If you’re a woman, your clitoris may get bigger, you may grow body hair, and you voice may become deeper.
These symptoms usually disappear once you immediately stop using the steroid, but if you persist despite the symptoms then these problems may become permanent.
Just remember that the Stanozolol dose you take will affect the likelihood and severity of the side effects. The more of the steroid you take, the more you risk.
Directions for Use
Athletes tend to take anywhere between 25 to 50 mg per Stanozolol dosage and this is taken daily or every other day. With bodybuilders, 50mg tablets are the norm. It’s very rare for users to go past the 100mg level per day, though you can go up this high at the end of the cycle.
Use it during the cutting cycle, and stop after 8 weeks. Never mind the injectables, as they don’t really offer a better option. You get pain and inconvenience, yet you still risk liver damage anyway.
You can buy Stanozolol for sale online, though you have to be careful about counterfeiters. Most sellers have it available in both oral and injectable forms, but it’s a bit more expensive than your average anabolic steroid.
But do you have to actually buy it? The Stanozolol results may be impressive, but the side effects are downright scary.
So instead, you may want to look for other alternatives that can provide the same benefits as the Stanozolol steroid without the accompanying side effect. To find these alternatives, you can check out our special report here.