Methandienone is better known as Dianabol. It's a very popular Steroid among Bodybuilders. Learn about its Benefits, Side Effects, proper Dosage and SAFE Alternatives.
Table Of Contents
Mention Methandienone to a bunch of gym rats today, and it’s very likely that you’ll get looks of incomprehension among these people.
That’s not surprising, since the Methandienone steroid actually came out well back in the 1950s.
It’s actually still used today, though nobody calls it by its original name. Instead, it’s much more known as the legendary Dianabol, as this was its brand name when it became commercially in 1958.
There are probably very few people today who still refer to it as Methandienone or Metandienone.
Yet despite the name confusion, there’s no doubt about the legendary status of Methandienone (Dianabol). Its origin story seems like a fable, and today it’s still as popular as ever.
To Discover Effective but Safe Methandienone Alternative check here:
What is Methandienone?
Metandienone is a steroid, and it’s among the very first of its kind.
While the use of testosterone preceded it, Methandienone rocked the scene as Dianabol. It took the weightlifting and bodybuilding communities by storm, and athletes for just about every physical sport began to use the stuff.
It would become eventually banned for athletes, but it has already burrowed its way into general use. It may not be found in US pharmacies today, but tons of the steroid are still manufactured all over the world.
How Methandienone came to be is a story that’s almost apocryphal.
During the Olympics way back in the 1950s, a doctor for the US team named Dr. Zeigler observed just how stronger the Soviet athletes were compared to his American charges.
This steroid can be used as a treatment option at the time, as it worked for patients who suffered from muscle-wasting conditions.
It was this steroid’s ability to really build muscles that made it so special to athletes and bodybuilders.
Dr. Zeigler started out cautiously with what he considered as a low dose, by giving out Methandienone 10mg tablets to American weightlifters.
The results were dramatic and impressive, and soon word leaked out to the rest of the athletic community that a secret medicine can be taken to make people stronger. Sports would never be the same again.
Benefits of Methandienone Steroid
So why in the world is a steroid that’s more than a half-century old still so popular among workout fanatics today? For many athletes, the advantages it offers are hard to resist:
1. It’s a fantastic bulking agent, because it helps you pack in muscle very quickly and with such dramatic improvements.
Using it for just a few weeks can get you an extra 20 pounds of bulk very quickly, and much of that will be muscle. That 20-pound gain is actually typical, and not the best you can hope for.
2. It enhances protein synthesis, which means that your body is able to use more of the protein you ingest to build up your muscles.
You should at least be aware that you need to increase your protein intake when you want to build up your muscles. With this steroid, your body won’t waste as much of the protein as before.
3. It also encourages nitrogen retention.
Greater nitrogen retention results in an anabolic environment, which means you’re in a state to build and preserve muscles. Lower nitrogen retention can lead to a catabolic or muscle-wasting state.
4. It enhances glycogenolysis, which is a fancy way of saying that your body becomes more efficient in how it uses up your total carb intake.
5. This steroid is also a great addition to any stack, as it certainly makes the other steroids in the stack work more effectively.
Let’s say you have 2 types of steroids in your stack, and you’re taking 80mg of each. That can be reduced to just 40mg for each when you also add 40mg of the Methandienone steroid.
That reduced dosage would also probably lead to much better results, and all because of the addition of the Metandienone.
Click below to discover safe Methandienone alternative that delivers similar results safely:
Side Effects of Metandienone
With all the benefits you can get from Metandienone, you may be wondering why it’s a banned substance.
The problem isn’t the lack of benefits, but the side effects that go along with them. These aren’t just minor issues as well.
They can be very serious and can affect your health severely.
1. Perhaps the main reason for the ban on Methandienone is that it’s quite toxic for your liver. The damage isn’t mild either. Because of this issue, you can’t use it if you already have liver issues.
Even if your liver is still relatively healthy, you can’t drink alcohol and you can’t even take other medications.
Even over-the-counter medicines can stress your liver, and while you’re on a Methandienone cycle is not the right time to stress your liver.
This particular cycle must stop after 6 weeks, and you need to refrain from using any anabolic steroid for the next 6 weeks after the cycle to give your liver time to recover.
2. It affects your cardiovascular health, as it really affects your cholesterol levels negatively. It boosts your bad LDL cholesterol and suppresses your good HDL cholesterol.
Maintaining your cholesterol levels will be part of your tasks when you use Metandienone. If you already have cholesterol problems, you can’t use this steroid.
3. Your cardio health will also worsen because this steroid can lead to high blood pressure. That’s why using this when you already have high blood pressure is not a good idea either.
When you’re on Methandienone, you need to make sure you do your best to maintain proper blood pressure levels. That means doing cardio workouts and going on a cardio-friendly diet with lots of omega fatty acids.
This will then require taking testosterone shots to make up for the deficiency. If you don’t, you’ll then suffer from the symptoms of low testosterone. That will be problematic since among those side effects will be fat gain, muscle loss, and general fatigue.
5. Using this steroid also has a very good chance that you’ll suffer from estrogenic side effects.
This can very likely cause water retention, which in turn leads to higher blood pressure. Gynecomastia (man boobs) can also occur, and in some cases it may come on almost overnight.
For this, you should check if Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs) work for you. That’s because the other option for anti-estrogens is to use aromatase inhibitors, and AIs lead to high blood pressure as well.
6. Androgenic side effects are also possible.
So you may experience rapid body hair growth, severe acne, and hair loss if you’re genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness.
There are some inhibitors that can be used for androgenic side effects, but they don’t work with Methandienone.
Dosage - How To Take It Right
The right Methandienone dosage isn’t always the same for everyone, and so it takes a while to find the right dosage for you.
- Most people are often okay with a dose of 20 to 25 mg per day, and some get the results they want with just 15 mg a day.
- You can keep trying to increase the dosage to get the full benefits, but except for the hardcore weightlifters you don’t really need to go up to 50 mg a day.
- Since the steroid has a half-life of about 3 to 5 hours, it may be best if you break your daily does to 2 or 3 smaller doses per day.
- However, this won’t prevent you from feeling the highs and lows of the effects. Some instead go for a single dose per day that’s close to the training time (and to the important window right after training).
You can take oral as well as injectable Methandienone doses. During your bulking cycle, you can use it to kick start a cycle or you can introduce it mid-cycle to get through any plateau in your gains.
Finding and buying Methandienone isn’t really a problem since it’s arguably the most available steroid in the world.
That’s how popular it really is. But while the demand is high, so is the production and supply so the price remains reasonable. Just make sure of your supplier since counterfeiting does happen.
Of course, the bigger question is really about whether you should buy and use Methandienone in the first place.
Just because it’s popular doesn’t mean it’s healthy for you - look at how many people use crack, or eat junk food for that matter.
The issue here is that while the benefits are nice, the risks to your health can be rather alarming.
The best solution, ideally, would be to receive the benefits of the Methandienone steroid without suffering any of the side effects.
Lucky for you, this isn’t merely wishful thinking. Such options do exist, just as some bodybuilders and athletes do get stronger without the use of steroids.
To find out the effective yet also safe alternatives to Metandienone, check out my report here.